My friend Kate over at It’s the Norm set her readers a photographic challenge for the month of March.
She gave us a list of 16 words, to be the title of 16 photographs.
Here are my interpretations:
1. Celebration: It was my daughter’s 12th birthday at the beginning of March. She ended up blowing out candles not once, but three times. Once with her friends, once on the actual day of her birthday and once with family. These cupcakes with candles were the ones she blew out on the actual day.
There’s something gleaming and sparkly about this photo which draws me to it.
2. Stripy: This is one of my favourites.
3. Empty and 6. Work (Is this cheating, using one photo for two headings?)
This photograph was taken on my phone the day we sold our business. It’s quite a sad photo I think.
I mean, what’s a business when it’s empty, closed, lifeless?
I’m glad this chapter in our lives is over. Nuf said.
4. A Game. No photo, sorry.
5. New. My pretty new bookmark. Lovingly handmade for me by my daughter! She’s recently taken up scrap-booking and has a new box filled with gems, stickers, appliques.
6. Work. See above.
7. Growing. Another, for me, thought-provoking photograph.
It makes me sad to see natural, growing, beautiful plants, doing their best to thrive in an artificially lit, indoors shopping mall. It’s akin to keeping animals in a zoo.
8. Home-made. My cinnamon rolls – sweet, yummy, light, fragrant, yeasty.
9. Favourite. This isn’t even one of my photographs, but have you ever, and I mean EVER, seen anything as cute?! (It’s a cousin’s little daughter on her first birthday)
10. Blue. When you have a 12 year old daughter who likes to keep herself amused, you can often find yourself sat down getting your hair and make-up done. Not that I’m complaining you understand…apart from when the freezing cold water in that blue, plastic spray ‘accidentally’ gets sprayed on my face….
11. Evening. This is a photo I took from my living room window (Not this month though- maybe last month?) We live in a big city, so to see such a beautiful sunset was memorable.
12. Pattern I got my daughter assisting in the photographic challenge, she insisted that this counts as ‘a pattern’, so who am I to argue?
13. Flight No photo, sorry.
14. Yesterday When the boys were small… On my kitchen shelf.
15. Fabric. I have a 12 year old daughter, as you’ve already heard, who went to a Justin Bieber concert. Nuf said on that subject too. :-))
16. Loud. Mr. Pumpkin lives on my kitchen shelf, originally he only came out at Halloween, but I’ve grown quite attached to him and now he lives there all year round. He is quite loud though, don’t you think?
I really enjoyed the challenge Kate! I wish I could have completed the whole project, but still, quite good going I think!