It’s a funny thing ‘being on a diet’. As much as I love cooking and baking, now that there are limits as to what and how much I can eat, I don’t want to be spending hours on a particular dish or an elaborate cake, so this quick but healthy low-carb recipe jumped out of the pages of ‘Healthy Food Guide’ magazine, straight at me.
It’s tasty, nutritious and takes next to no time to prepare. What’s not to like?
Spinach and Ricotta Baked Mushrooms
Recipe adapted from ‘Healthy Food Guide’ magazine.
100g baby spinach leaves
250g tub of Ricotta
4 large flat mushrooms, with open gills, stalks removed.
cooking oil spray
1tbsp grated Parmesan.
1. Preheat the grill to high and warm your baking tray under the grill.
2. Put the spinach in a bowl, with a few drops of water, microwave for a couple of minutes until the spinach is wilted, squeeze out any excess liquid and chop coarsely (There is no need to remove from bowl)
3. Add Ricotta to spinach, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper, mix to combine.
4. Put the mushrooms on the baking tray with the gills down and spray with a little oil, grill for 4 minutes. Turn the mushrooms over, fill with the ricotta and spinach mixture and sprinkle with the parmesan.
5. Grill for another 4-5 minutes, until the cheese melts and the mushrooms are tender.
6. Serve with a simple salad.
There, now wasn’t that easy!